This has been an incredibly challenging, exciting and exhilarating year. A year in which I had PRAYED into for YEARS. A year full of firsts and “I don’t know if I can” moments. But, here we are at the end of the year and what a wild ride it was. We spent 10 months in Australia and it truly was more than anything I could have asked, hoped or imagined. (Ephesians 3:16-21).
A friend of mine, Debbie, wrote down all of her firsts this year and I thought, “You know what? That’s a really good idea”. It’s good to look back and take note of all the things God did in your year. All the hardships, all the joys, all the little moments that make up days, weeks and months.
This year has been a year of dreams coming true for me and my family.
About 8 weeks ago I was talking with the Holy Spirit and was feeling a bit down, when I heard the Holy Spirit say, “Look back, at the year”. The Holy spirit is a great encourager and reminded me of all the dreams that had come true this year… Many more dreams have hatched since the beginning of 2017, and I look forward to seeing them come to pass just as this year in Australia has come to pass!
So here is my list of firsts / God moments of 2017
* First time on a plane longer than 8 hrs.
* First time on a plane with a baby!
* Australia! (20 yr dream come true!)
* Prophesying in front of the church
* First time seeing glow worms (Dream come true!)
* Seeing the Southern Cross! (Also dream come true!)
* Seeing Kangaroos/wallabies in the wild
* Feeding Kangaroos/ wallabies
* Seeing humpback whales
* Seeing a platypus… (I’ve wanted to see them since 3rd grade!)
* Being a part of Glory City Church Brisbane 🙂
* Finding an apartment walking distance to church.
* Living without a car for the first time ever!
* First time driving on the Left side of the Road! (Which thankfully wasn’t that hard)
* Walking every where we needed to go. (John and I always wanted to try that lifestyle out!)
* Beautiful friends who give us rides!
* First time living out of reach of extended family
* Sharing the gospel intentionally
* Seeing people respond to Jesus on the streets!
* Praying for someone and they immediately received healing in their knees! ( that was so so cool. GOD IS SO FUN!)
* First time in a college classroom.
* Creating life long friends
* Learned a whole list of Aussie words. Haha
* Graduating with Dux! (synonymous to Valedictorian) 😀
In no way is this a comprehensive list…. But, it’s a highlight of my year and a reminder to DREAM IN GOD! As you can see, some dreams weren’t fulfilled quickly. But don’t lose heart. God hasn’t forgotten them. Sow into your dreams with prayer and see how God will answer.
This has been a year of dreams coming true… But I believe 2018 will be that in greater measure.
DREAM AGAIN, DREAM AGAIN, DREAM AGAIN!
What was your 2017 like? Tell me about some of your favorite moments with God this year!
A great song to listen to is called Dream Again, by Worship Mob. You won’t regret it! 🙂
Feel free to check out Soaring Higher’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/caitotwell 🙂